Thursday, June 28, 2012

#2 My rooster Pierre

9x12 acrylic copyrighted 2012 Sold
Nita Leger Casey
After I created this blog last night ,I was so exited thinking about all the animals I was going to paint and couldn't go to sleep,well 6AM came and I had a hard time getting up,then I realized what I did last night and panicked a little .Yes I am going to paint 75 paintings,one thing is I am not going to give myself a time frame ,I do paint most days ,but it will be time when I have to work on something else .
I decided to paint my first rooster Pierre because I did mentioned him in my first post ,Well I raised him from a three day chick not knowing it will be a rooster, he was the cutest things with three other hens, at the time I was teaching an afternoon kids class so they had fun with the chicks ,that summer it sure was a learning experience ,for Tim and I .Tim had to build a coop that turned out real cute with lace curtains and all ! Pierre grew up to be  gorgeous ,but also came the attitude, we had a few fights, he was so over protective of the hens,this little guy would chase a big 230 pound men ruining around the yard ,a few times I told him I was going to make Coq au vin with him ,but because he was so beautiful and a model for my paintings ,he was saved and died of old age !

he was a Lakenvelders
Email me if you are interested on #2 .
nlcasey@charter.net

No comments:

Post a Comment